Tuesday, January 23, 2007

elevators on the other hand freak me right out
and not a "hey thats cool" kind of freak out
elevators are confining and claustrophobic
and force people to be in my space

















how safe can one feel in a box dangling on a string

NOT VERY

the last time i lived in a high rise was 1980
between "freak me out" elevators
and my nonaffinity for walking up stairs
it has been zero altitude domiciles since then
even negative altitude but that was before
my claustrophobia decided to include basement apts

currently i live in a 3 story walk-up on the 3rd floor
there is an elevator
(certain concessions this La-Z-Boy will NOT make)
being only 3 stories, if the string did break
knock knock on wood
i doubt it would be...you know what - lets move past this

anyhoo

in the elevator of my building
is posted its registration as provided by the TSSA













what i find especially unnerving is the classification
under which my elevator is registered

ONTARIO CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
FOR UPHOLSTERED AND STUFFED ARTICLES

it just me or is there something amiss here!!
like every other elevator the certificate should read:

ONTARIO ELEVATING DEVICE LICENSE

who has the maintenace contract? leons?
an elevator is neither a couch or pillow
and an elevator is NOT an elevator by an other name
would you trust a doctor who got his training
from a pack of matches?
i think not!
it might as well read:

YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THIS
BEFORE THE DOORS CLOSED - HA HA













bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home