Sunday, January 27, 2008

i'm in the middle of preparing
a real kick-ass home cooked meal

let me go back a ways
christmas past i got a huge stupid tip at work
so rather than dump the dough into the cash flow
i decided to get mice elf something special
with my new-found scratch

(4 years ago i got me a set of henkel knives)

finally, at long last
i got me a decent set of cookware
paderno - stainless steel
look fantastic - work like a charm
[my buddy kb steered me in the right direction]
i couldnt be happier (about pots i mean)

anyhoo

in the past
when i'm not "with" a woman
i have found the more i cook for "just me"
is directly proportional to my good self esteem
[thankfully as well how often i see the gym]

im not saying im out of the woods
im just saying
last week i believe i turned a corner
it was the first time in a year plus some
that i didnt resent having to going to work
[except for when my love-life is in the shitter
i really like being a waiter]
...and tonight im dining chez bern

rosemary lime zested roast potatoes
lobster and shallot stuffed mushroom caps
mustard basted and parmesan breaded
rack (easy bern, sorry ash ;) of lamb

oh and i'm chilling a nice
aussie "sure-as" i'm standing here

all my prep is done
finish and eat now - re-edit later

jsyk - i noshed on the narly end bits
whilst supping my gouda stuffed olive martini..."s"

MY OVEN SUCKS
its easily older than my ash
(bless her heart)
and not nearly as hot as my last girlfriend
[ww, t - and thats a fact, jack]

i'm done eating - for now
i really am spoiled as it pertains
to restaurant food
...cuz i can do it at home by mice elf
dining out pour moi
ce n'est pas le restaurant
its the company i have occasion to keep
and right now there is no "occasion"

wah wah baby suck
move on

its all good
i have leftovers in my fridge
for which some folk pay 50 bucks a plate

....i reckon
and i sure wish someday soon
she'll come a knockin
till then

"huh huh huhhh"
....thats the only french i know

bern shares
bv)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is the color of your oven? what is the brand name?

6:25 PM  
Blogger bern shares said...

frigidaire ...qu'el suprise
color?

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home