Thursday, December 20, 2007

christmas approaches

my heart is in a wrenched state

father - miss my kid
big ass softie - i friggin love [bern's] christmas
waiter - sick of happy people
home town heart in a big city - cool, people smile back
his son - im really "off" my dad
her son - im really diggin my mom
friend - being with you kids keeps me sane
brother - i love being your bro [albeit crazy ass]
one person in a one horse open sleigh - bummer man

anyhoo

christmas presents of note bern has bought for my mom



im 7
i buy my mom a spatula
because ours is cracked
...mom thanks me without cracking a smile

im 12
i buy my mom a (fake - who knew)
garnet earring and broach set from k-mart
...mom accepts it like an academy award
[i dont recall her ever wearing it - sokay jack]

im 16
i buy mom a vacuum cleaner
(my first real job at consumers distributing
afforded the dough as well as my employee discount)
im sure it pissed off my father
im sure i considered that a bonus

our family has long since been materialistic at christmas

im 48
i give my mom my undivided attention
she soaks it up like her "plants" that she tends after



xmas is not about buying shit
christmas is about saying "i love you"
...or at least "hello"
[not that everyday of the year isnt]

...merry christmas frank
...merry christmas bing
...merry christmas everybody

bern shares
bv)

ps i love my mom (props to my jiff)


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello..i love you

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a fart, man; but (being 2007 years old), I...... know what love is! i love you. hello.

P.s. i will pass your messages on to Bing. Frank on the other hand..............

3:02 AM  
Blogger bern shares said...

uhhh, thank you
thank you very much

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:36 PM  
Blogger bern shares said...

ground control to major tom:
my universal translator seems to be on the fritz

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home