Saturday, May 23, 2009

as my special peeps know
i am not the most fastidious of housekeepers
neat as a simile yet dusty as a rose
mom is oft to point out

...ohhh, bernert

but i am especially vigilant regarding food self-life
as such, i ...am an expiry date reader
milk, packaged meat, mayo and even canned goods

[cough anal-retentive cough]

anyhoo

the other day, as i reach for my shaving cream
i notice my plastic bottle of
johnson's medicated baby powder


















"its been in my bathroom for quite some time"
i think to mice elf
not since my ash was born
but certainly longer than ive been living in my current abode

baby powder in the bathroom is as natural as moss in a forest
of the ilk of polysporin, bandaids and oil of olay
as i ponder its place in my life
i pick it up
feel the weight in my hand and turn it around

well i'll be danged if i dont espy an expiry date
baby powder has an expiry date!












may of 2 thousand and 1
exactly 8 years ago this month
i have moved twice since my baby powder expired
and the last time i recall using the stuff is circa oh2
huh
reckon i'll buy a new one
and not use it either

there you have it

bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home