Sunday, March 11, 2007

todays urberant

im a night owl - i work evenings
when i was younger i was a nighthawk


















but now that im older im definitely a night owl
definitely a night owl
(what movie ash?)

i only work the odd lunch
so im not used to being functional before noon
let alone at 10:30 am
...and i probably wont really be awake till about 12:20
and at point my section will be full and ill think to myself
"why am i sweating?"

anyhoo
here i am on a crowded subway platform
with all these aliens cramping my space
the subway arrives and rolls to a stop
ding ...ding ...ding ...the "music stops"
and now we all have to play musical chairs
some bolt for the nearest unoccupied seat
thats beneath me
i prefer a determined gait accompanied
by a "dont fuck with me glower"
i spy an open 3-seat bench
and as its just me and another chap left to find a seat
i think to myself "cool - didnt that work well"

good manners is the grease of a civil society
me - i said that

so what does dough-head go and do
he sits in the middle of the bench
jeez louise
either this twit is thinking hes gonna score
the entire bench for himself
or hes not thinking at all
both thoughts are reprehensible
and either way im thinking "fuck you"
so... i harrrummph myself onto my deserv-ed third
and with physical contact display my displeasure
we are so close i am reminded of the chick i picked up last night

that was self-defecating












to further make my point
i settle my weight toward him
he moves over but only a couple of inches
despite the fact there is an entire vacant seat beside him
i settle in even more - good lord man!! are not civilized??
as much as i would like to think that our man
considered my situation
i believe it was hump apon which
this dumb shit thrust himself

that was the deciding factor in which mr doesntplaywellwithothers
finally shoves all the way over
i relax into my up-too-early reveries
and wonder if im actually still in bed wrestling my pillow

heres the thing about a civil society
the infrastructure is order
one can be politically left
but on the sidewalk one should be right
expressing oneself thru art - good for the whole
spray painting someone elses property - bad for the whole
and middle of the road is not always good
we need to evolve by considering new thought

its all about balance baby - balance
berns a libra












...dang - i said to myself - bern i said
bout time you posted without a picture of a chick
you know - for credibility ...oh well :) smirk

anyhoo like i was saying
without order there is kaos
and to those of you who do not subscribe to this philosophy
i say ...get smart




















bern shares
bv)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home