Wednesday, August 23, 2006

my fellow blogger jeff
(who shall remain nameless)
has suggested that
"after dinner at the schnitzel house"
i should rename my blog -longfellow shares-

albeit a josh not a slur
the only time i write poetry
is when im drunk or in love
(or drunk with love - ooh thats a good one)
plus-also 'im not a' well read 'man' in the genre
'but i know' how to google ...'long fellow'

my first attempt tramatized me sordid pictures of john holmes
having made no sexual reference in my post
i tried again but removed the 'space'

ta-dah ...this old coot














enery wadsworth longfellow

(end of preamble)
[some might argue i digress]
heres my retort:

a longfellow, i am not
nor have i the wind for his poetry
a diamond though, i may be
but only in the rough (fore!)

"i'll weave his web of rhyme
upon this summer night
we'll leave this worldly time
on his wing-ed flight
then come, and as we lay
beside this summer glade
there i will sing to you
my longfellow serenade"

















bern shares
bv)

ps thats not me in the 2nd picture

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

ya know, if you put a beard on neil, he kinda looks like longfellow. course neil's probably had his snipped......

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home