Tuesday, September 19, 2006

"things to do" checklist

not as simple as a shopping list
nor as important as a holy-wacka-wacka-life-shit-list
just stuff i havent done yet and wanna do sometime

* walk with shoelace untied ...CHECK

anybody whos anybody doesnt know me
but anybody who knows me
knows that 'bold and caps' are justified

on the way home from the gym
(i skipped yesterday so i tortured myself)
[even took a mental health day off work so i could really tack it down]
{or so i convinced mice elf}
i glanced down and noticed one of my laces had come untied
(ab)normally id rectify this post haste
and (un)usually i cant even walk beside
someone with an untied shoelace

when i was a kid I was told it was unsafe
and for the next 40ish years
i never once questioned that dogma
(my trust in catholic church hasnt received such blind faith)
[dont tell my mom - she'll tell God]

well today (as im in a bit of funk i figured wtf)
i threw caution to the wind baby

lo and behold
my walk home transpired without peril

















im not saying henceforth im gonna go all
willy-nilly with my shoelaces
im just saying

and perhaps next
ill try unrefrigerated hard boiled eggs (ww t xo)
...hmmm

bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home