Tuesday, July 17, 2007

...a two-day tour

jsyk1 - the most K's ive ever done in one trip is 60
jsyk2 - i bot a pair of metrosexual biking shorts

fat (husky :) guys really shouldnt wear spandex
[and dont get me started on speedos]
heres the good thing about those spandex biking shorts
they have sewn-in padding where your ass meets the saddle
and even have some padding up thru the middle
to protect ............"the boys"

anyhoo

i figured the padded biking shorts were a good idea
considering my ass starts to get sore after 2 hours
dont worry
i wore another regular pair of shorts over top
lemme tell you jack those friggin shorts saved my ass

i took the go-train out to burlington
and rode my bike all the way to niagara on the lake
bout 90 clicks
just barely made it - seriously
i found a real nice no-rip-off place to stay (at 8 pm)
the orchid inn - the proprietor cindy was truly hospitable

i stayed the night and began my return after breakfast
on the way to N.O.L. i took the circuitous waterfront trail
so on the way back rather then repeat my trail
i took hwy-8 thru grimsby and stoney creek

albeit more direct the route is named "20 valleys"
...down - good ...up - bad
this return trip was quite daunting
30 clicks in pouring rain
55 clicks into a shameless head wind

so counting the ride to and from the go-station
thats ...almost 200k in 2 days
not bad for a guy
"that runs like a pregnant camel"
thats what my grade 8 gym teacher mr grodecki told me
and while im at it i should mention
that my math teacher mr rice
and my other gym teacher miss ceroni (grrrowll)
had a fling and we called it the"RICERONI AFFAIR"
and thats no shit

i digress

on my return journey
i had a real cool forrest gumpian moment
my new ass bike shorts sure as hell saved my butt
but my poor neck was getting sore
craining to give me proper vision of whats ahead
so when possible i kept my head down
to give my neck a break

forrest gump sitting on a park bench
describes to a lady a vista (ww j)
he came apon while he was jogging across america
"i couldnt tell where the heavens stopped and the earth began"

anyhoo

at the bottom of a slope approaching an uphill haul
i raised my head to see that i was surrounded
by magnificent sloping vineyards
a palate of colours
a multitude of textures

(look at the clouds, ash)
11 hours of toil rewarded by 1 moment

huh - cool eh

and also by the fact that i did it ...i went all the way
(to a cold corona - smirky boy , smirks)

bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home