Saturday, June 20, 2009

being the thinker that i yam






















i usually rethink things i say to peeps
just to make sure im being fair and forthright

the other day in reply to someone i say:

"if i am one thing, it is bern
and after that, ash's dad"

that of course, is forthright
but as always, that got mr thinking, thinking:
when i was growing up we didnt put much stock in birthdays
as for christmas, now that me and my kid are growd up
i dont buy gifts, i present love
easter is not about chocolate
thanksgiving is not about turkey
and the lemmings that pay a hundred dollars
for a dozen roses on feb 14th deserve their plight

after its all boiled down
and after all these years, besides christmas,
[with which im still trying to reconnect]
[[and (my) mother's day]]
the "hallmark' day of the year that carries the most import
.....is father's day

this is "the day" that i quietly celebrate
being a good dad is a hard row to hoe
and as much as it is my job to be a good father
i pat my self on the back
while i appreciate the bounty which is tenfold of the toil

last year, my ash and i got tattoos together
and this year im making
escargot stuffed mush caps
for her man's dad (and familia)

i'm a lucky man, to see the chip off my block
grow into a real live feckin cool good person

ttt

bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home