Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"i havent had a car since '94 - coincidence
i think not
...but thats another story"

this is that story:
in the spring of '94 my license was suspended for a year
for driving while intoxicated
as much as i often jest
by saying i misplaced it
and found it behind my dresser a year later
i do not take lightly the offense for which i was convicted
for the first 5 or 6 years the reason i didnt get another car
was to avoid paying thousands upon thousands
of dollars yearly for insurance
unfortunately i was living in suburbia at the time
not having a car was a real bummer/inconvenience
but i readily accepted that burden
as my penance for being an idiot
the real problem was that
my little petunia ash lived a good half hour car ride away
(i'll get back to that)
in the summer of '99 i moved to the big smoke
subways, 24 hour buses and ...taxi!!
i didnt need a car
urban-bern was back in action baby
roland and my trusty knapsack have sufficed
as my ride ever since
however pre'T.O. between '94 and '99
come hell or high water
i needed to facilitate ash spending every second weekend
with me (the guy without a car)
to say that this "obligation" was important to me
would be the most uber of understatement


among the many of my peeps
that helped me thru this difficult time
two stand-up individuals ring true
my mom and my ex wife EY




man oh man - they did me an every-second-weekend solid
mom picked my ash up and brot her to me
EY picked my ash up and took her back home
their help enabled ash and i to be together
and form the really cool foundation that we now share
thank you - both of you
{jsyk - ive tried to "pay it forward"}

whoa - wow - anyhoo

an odd thing occurred to me the other day while
i was "riding my bike"

(...and not driving my car)

when i arrested for drunk-driving
my ride
(please dont be jealous roland)
was a chevy CAVALIER

cavalier
adj - to show arrogance or offhand disregard

perhaps my life would have taken a different turn
had i gone one block further to the honda dealer
and leased an acura INTEGRA

insert wry/savy smile


as much as the grass might be greener
i'm good with my life
it's perfect in God's eye's
i just gotta figure out how to deal with perfection

breathe bern breathe

in the minutia lurks the "real" big picture

every day i muster my strength
and gaze into the minutia

WHOA - WOW - ANYHOO

[where'd all that shit come from?]
[[its all right here in your head do-head]]
[[[shut up let him talk]]]

;)

i really just wanted to make the
cavalier - integra witticisim
but as well catholic i am dutch ...van nederlands
we have a tendancy to gush
(but thats another story)

and just so you know
i gotta kick ass step daughter too
.....and she's cracker!!

my vaness is on the right with
tash her loving partner steeling the show

thats it

bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home