Monday, April 02, 2007

i just bot my umteenth pair of
chuck taylor converse canvas low-cuts













my first pair was in grade ten
volleyball in grade 10 and 11 was my only venture into
the realm of highschool sports
(and no my favorite movie is not "dreamgirls" - hrmph [ww jiff])
at this point i feel compelled to point out that i also
played organized lacrosse for 4 years - jsyk

my school was especially rife with
browners and jocks
so i was easily relegated to the class of second string
the guys on the first string nicknamed me killer kowalski















no doubt in deference to
my less than average stature and husky frame
i appreciated the attention regardless of the razz
(my first experience with self-defecation im sure)
sorry i digress

any gymnasium jock worth their athletic supporter
wore chuck taylor


















unofficially:
first string - high cuts
second string - low cuts
as i only made the game a handful of times i reckon
low cuts were my lot

chuck taylors are liken to the shark
they have never needed to evolve















the pair im wearing are exactly the same as
my first pair (gulp-wince) 32 years ago

bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home