Thursday, April 05, 2007

this is roland












okay sure - i may have "named" my bike
but i dont verbally coax it along
"your doing very well today roland"

i bot it back in '95

[[i havent had a car since '94 - coincidence, i think not
...but thats another story]]

after 12 years of lots of use
its kinda beat up but i keep it well serviced
"looks like shit but runs real good"
i figure the crappier my bike looks the less
appealing it is to steal - k.o.w.

anyhoo
all winter ive been planning to get roland to the shop
before the spring rush
unfortunately procrastinating man procrastinates
so last week when the first day of real spring weather sprung
my mind naturally returned to springly thots








which lead me to remember to bring roland to the shop
bummer that everyone in my neighbourhood
who owns a bike did as well :(
and because of the shop's increased business
i would not get my bike back for a week and a half
but at least it would be in time for my easter long weekend

thats cool - i can roll about and do some daytrips

[[fyi - "berns daytrip" entails riding to a predetermined point
then on the return leg at least half way home
have a corona or three at a yet undiscovered watering hole]]

all week while they have been calling for snow this weekend
i have been optimistically envisioning fresh spring weather
unfortunately when i woke up today
they turned out to be right (for now anyway)
this is what i saw outside my livingroom window

















SHEE-IT !!

the bikeshop called and roland is ready
oh yes - i-am picking up roland
and this afternoon
(as the shop is closed tomorrow for good friday)
i need to be ready for mercury rising my jackie
...it wouldnt be the first time
the weatherman has misinterpreted
mr global's warming affect on mother nature's heart













call me crazy but im remain hopeful in the face of frost
jic - my fallback plan is
watch the masters and do a few x-words at my local watering hole

bern shares
bv)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home