Tuesday, April 24, 2007

grown ups go first

ive spent my entire life complying with that rule
and it comes as some consolation that at the age of 47

sometimes i get to go first

new category:
things bern can do - now that he's older

["er" - is for my moms benefit as she's in her 70's
...ahh ...i mean ...in her golden girl phase
last year when my big bro turned 50
i mentioned to my mom that i felt thunderstruck
she quickly retorted - how do you think i feel
my kid is 50!!
well she got me there - as my ash is only into her 20's]

anyhoo back to my new category:

bern gets the front seat of motorized vehicles

unless of course:
any of the following people are sharing my ride

my mom
bea arthur
betty white
rue mcclanahan
estelle getty



















or any woman i have designs on


i also have veto power:
should some young upstart call
shotgun


and there are times when i want the backseat:
like when "designing women" are sharing my ride
...annie potts (grrrrowl)



[i'll be eccentric ionia's oddball duckie anyday]

so there you have it
bern shares
bv)


2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

the rules of engagement, when it comes to calling "shotgun" are clear.

however, i think conceding the front seat to older people, like yourself, is the right thing to do.

12:35 PM  
Blogger bern shares said...

har dee har

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home